International Teaching Staff Week
"Modern methods of teaching"
16. – 20. 10. 2017
Faculty of Business and Economics, Mendel University in Brno
Faculty of Business and Economics warmly invites teaching staff from partner universities to join our International Teaching Staff Week, which will take place at Faculty of Business and Economics of Mendel University in Brno in October 2017.
The programme will contain the activities as follows:
- Lectures given by visiting participants, participation in workshop, presentations by participants and by Faculty of Business and Economics
- Tour of faculty facilities, laboratories and Mendel biotechnological pavilion
- Individual meetings with representatives of the particular departments and discussion on cooperation possibilities
- Networking activities and varied cultural programme
Please, see the preliminary programme below.
Teaching Staff of different fields of study in the area of Business and Economics (please, specify your specialization in the registration form.
English (at least level B2 is recommended)
5 working days (16. – 20. 10. 2017)
* Your participation can be shortened if needed. Please, inform us about this in the registration form.
Participation in International Teaching Staff Week is free of charge. The participants are expected to cover their travel and accommodation costs (it is recommended to use an Erasmus + grant provided by your home university).
Costs for excursions, transport services and other cultural activities will be covered by Faculty of Business and Economics except for the trip to Lednice and excursion to vila Tugendhat (optional – approx. 20 EUR/person).
We can provide accommodation at our halls of residence upon request (The Academy Hall / John Amos Comenius Hall). Please, see more detailed information here http://skm.mendelu.cz/en/accommodation/accommodation-facilities/ .
We recommend to stay in hotels as follows:
Hotel Slovan Brno 3* – walking distance15 minutes
Hotel Amphone 3* - walking distance 15 minutes
Hotel Arte 4* - walking distance 10 minutes
Hotel Europa 4* - walking distance 15 minutes
Registration form is available here.
Application deadline is: 31 August 2017.
We will contact you within 1 month since receiving your Registration form.
International Relations Office
Phone: +420 545 132 725
Monday – 16.10. 2017
- 10 – 11 Registration (Faculty of Business and Economics, meeting room at the Department of Informatics, 1st floor of building Q)
- 11:00 Welcome speech and introduction to the programme of International Teaching Staff Week (Meeting room at the Department of Informatics, T. Foltýnek)
- 11:30 Presentation of teaching methods at Faculty of Business and Economics (Meeting room at the Department of Informatics, S. Formánková)
- 12:30 – 13:30 Lunch at university canteen (Building O)
- 13:30 Presentations by participants 1st part (!10 min.!,country and university presentation, interesting topics, intent for cooperation, possibilities to study in English, research projects) Please note that this will be the only possibility for presentations about your universities! Lecture Room Q02
- 15:00 Coffee break
- 15:30 Presentations by participants 2nd part (!10 min.!,country and university presentation, interesting topics, intent for cooperation, possibilities to study in English, research projects) Please note that this will be the only possibility for presentations about your universities! Lecture Room Q02
- 19:00 – 22:00 Informal meeting at the Mendel University wine bar (Address: Zemědělská 5)
Tuesday – 17.10. 2017
- 9:00 lecture: Lab. Based education and online applications (Sahin Yildirim)
- 11:00 – 12:50 workshop: Health and Retirement studies and Harmonized datasets (Drystan Phillips)
- 10:00 – 10:45 Visit of the Spatial Hub (first group) room Q01.63 – basement of building Q
- 10:45 – 11:30 Visit of the Spatial Hub (second group) room Q01.63 – basement of building Q
- 13 – 14 (first group) Visit of Vila Tugendhat (the pearl of functionalism architecture – UNESCO) – optional (Address: Černopolní 45, meeting in front of the vila)
- 14 – 15 (second group) Visit of Vila Tugendhat (the pearl of functionalism architecture – UNESCO) – optional (Address: Černopolní 45, meeting in front of the vila)
Wednesday – 18.10. 2017
- 9:00 – 10:30 workshop: How to Deal with Contract Cheating (Teddi Fishman and Veronika Králíková)
- 11:00 – 12:00 lecture: The 2008 Global Financial Crisis (Bilge Canbaloglu)
- 10:00 – 10:30 Visit of the eye-tracking laboratory (first group) room Q21
- 10:30 – 11:00 Visit of the eye-tracking laboratory (second group) room Q21
- 13:00 – 14:30 workshop: Teaching 4.0 - Role and skills of lecturers in teaching by modern methods (Christine Schoedel)
- 16:00 – 18:00 Tour around city center (meeting at Moravské náměstí next to the statue of margrave Jošt on the horse)
Thursday – 19.10. 2017
- 9 :00 – 10:30 workshop: Project Management in Regional Development ( Aneta Jarosz-Angowska and Marek Angowski)
- 11:00 lecture: Statistics - A few gentle applications in economics and management (Jan Acedanski)
- 13:00 workshop: Ideas Sharing Workshop (brainstorming about modern methods of teaching)
- 19:00 International Farewell Dinner – Pegas restaurant (Address: Jakubská 4)
- Certificate Awards
Friday – 20. 10. 2017 – Trip to Lednice (optional)
- 8:45 Departure for Lednice (meeting in front of the building Q)
- 10:30 Guided tour in Lednice chateau
- 12:00 Lunch in restaurant (Včelařský dvůr Lednice, Nejdecká 721)
- 13:00 Walk in the gardens
- 15:00 Departure for Brno
All the lectures and workshops in this programme will take place at the meeting room at the Department of Informatics, 1st floor of building Q.
INTERNATIONAL WEEK 2017
"Modern Methods of Teaching" 16. - 20. 10. 2017
Photographs from the event:
INTERNATIONAL WEEK 2016
"Sustainable Growth" (21. – 25. 11. 2016)
Photographs from the event:
Video from the event:
Photographs from Mendel Museum: