TYPE OF VISA
As a full time student you should apply for long-term residence permit (for the purpose of studies). The visa application should cost you 2 500 CZK.
Here you can download the official information leaflet for visa applicants from the Ministry of Interior.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE
Once you submit the visa application at the Czech Embassy it might take up to 90 days before your visa is issued. Most of the time it really takes 60-90 days.
WHAT DOCUMENTS WILL YOU GET FROM US
For the visa application you will receive from us the following documents:
- contract for the accomodation contract
- admission letter
- confirmation of your studies (with the study program and dates)
- payment confirmation (proof that you have payed the first year tuition fees) – this document is not required so sometimes we just send it scanned in an email
- hard copy of the entrance exam result letter (only students who did the entrance exam from 1st August 2019 onwards)
- hard copy of the nostrification certificate (in case we assisted with that)
BOOKING THE APPOINTMENT AND REGIME STUDENT
Booking the appointment for the visa interview can be quite a challenge in some countries.
The appointments at the embassy cannot be booked by a third party, with the execption of Regime student list.
This list works in the following countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Ukraine, Turkey, Russia, Philippines, Vietnam, China, Serbia, Kazachstan and India
If your name is on the list it MIGHT enable you to get the appointment without the need of booking it yourself. So, how does it work?
The school sends every month a list of students who are accepted for the studies and who already have their nostrification certificates. The list is sent to the Ministry of Education of the Czech Republic. The Ministry then chooses some of the students who will get the appointmment, without the need of booking it through the booking system. The school is not able to prioritize any students for selection and has no say in the selection proces. Every month we have no more than 10 candidates out of about 20-30 chosen.
So we still advice the students to try to book the apointments themselves, because it cannot be guaranteed that you will be chosen by the Ministry.
Once the Ministry of Education chooses you and you are called by the embassy you have only one chance. If the embassy turns you down because you did not have your documents ready we cannot put you on the list again and you have to get the appointment by yourself.
How to higher the chances of being chosen by the Ministry of Education
1. For the September intake have all the admission documents before May, which means applying during winter!
2. For February intake - have all your admission documents in October, which means applying during summer!
Please consult the embassy about the information of the best insurance provider.
If the embassy does not provide that information you can get your insurance online. For example on this website.
- students can be refunded their tuition fee in case of visa refusal or other issues. You will be given the refund if you send us the scanned copy of your visa refusal letter. If you have any other reason for cancelling your application (personal, not being able to get the appointment for visa interview etc.) you will have to wait for the refund till your admission documents expire.
- refund will be calculated as follows:
- for the applicants for Bachelor program we will deduct 10% as the administrative fee and the costs of nostrification and the costs of DHL
- for the applicants for Masters program we will deduct 5% as the administrative fee and the costs of DHL (we do not deduct the nostrification fee because you pay this separately)
Thank you again for your interest and I will be happy to guide you through the entrance process.