HOW TO GET TO BRNO FROM PRAGUE OR VIENNA AIRPORT?
The easiest way is to take the yellow Student Agency bus from Schwechat Airport, Vienna or from Vaclav Havel Airport, Prague to Brno (the final bus stop is called Grand). The bus from Vienna is direct, but if you are going by bus from Prague Airport, you will have to change your bus at the main bus station Florenc in Prague – the steward will guide you from one bus to another, from the same company. One ticket is valid for the whole journey by both buses. There is a ticket office Student Agency at Terminal 1 in Prague, in Vienna there is no ticket office. In any case, you can buy your ticket in advance and pay by credit card, it is really easy:
- Go to: https://jizdenky.studentagency.cz/?0
- In the place “Station of departure” choose: Praha, Vaclav Havel Airport Prague / Vienna, Schwechat Airport Busstation, in the place “Station of arrival” choose: Brno
- Change the suitable time and click on the button with the price.
- Choose the seat number on the bus and click on “Create reservation”.
- Continue with the payment.
- After doing all of this, you will be able to print out your electronic bus ticket; you will also receive a confirmation e-mail.
You can also find other possibilities how to get from Prague or Vienna Airport to Brno. More detailed information you can find on the website of Vienna Airport at http://www.viennaairport.com/en/passengers/arrival__parking or on the website of Prague Airport at http://www.prg.aero/en/parking-transport/transport.
HOW TO GET TO J.A. KOMENSKÉHO HALLS OF RESIDENCE
J.A. KOMENSKÉHO Halls of Residence
Kohoutova street 3-11
Brno 613 00
In the map, you can see the location of the main railway station (“Brno Hlavní nádraží”) and the central bus station called Grand (opposite the Grand Hotel). From those two stations, it is easy to get to the Halls of Residence by public transport.
Take tram no. 9 from the tram stop “Hlavní nádraží” in the direction of “Lesná” and get off at the stop called “Moravské náměstí”(4th stop). This ride takes only about 5 minutes. Then stay at the same place at the tram stop “Moravské náměstí” and take tram 5 in the direction “Štefánikova čtvrť”, and go to the final stop (6th stop) called “Štefánikova čtvrť”. The ride takes 9 minutes. From there you will go to the reception at J.A. Komenského Halls of Residence.
Building D with reception at J.A. Komenskeho Halls of Residence.