Understanding Innovative Potential of Central Europe
The Region’s Economic, Political, and Cultural Environment
Course dates: 14 July – 3 August 2019 (basic stay)
Full price for basic stay: 2 500 EUR (discounts may apply for partner institutions)
Course dates: 14 July - 10 August 2019 (extended stay - last week is organized by Faculty of Business and Economics and is aimed for students in this field)
Full price for extended stay: 2 800 EUR
Where: Brno, Prague, Vienna, Budapest and Bratislava
Deadline for application: 31 May 2019
Successful completion of the course earns 8 ECTS
The course is in English and we recommend language skills to be at least on B1 level based on CEF. Applicants can prove their language level either with a certificate (TOEFL, IELTS or different) or in a phone interview.
The participants of this course will:
- Understand and be able to analyse development in contemporary Central Europe, including Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia, and their relations with both Western and Eastern Europe
- Grasp the theory of relevant academic fields, in particular political science, economy, international relations, sociology and environmental studies
- Take part in unique cultural program and visit four countries: Czech Republic, Hungary, Austria and Slovakia
- Accommodation during the whole program (both in the Czech Republic and on the trips organized as part of the program)
- Food plan for the time in Brno (including breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the university canteen)
- Transportation (for the trips and in Brno)
- Rich extra-curricular and cultural program
- 24/7 assistance and support during the program
- Airport pick-up (from Brno, Prague, or Vienna airports)
- extended stay includes: visit to laboratories of Faculty of Business and Economics, excursions to important enterprises in Brno, lectures in the fields of Business and Economics
The price does NOT include the transportation from your country to the Czech Republic, food plan on the weekend trip, personal expenses, or any other items not listed above.
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please include your CV and a short statement of why you are interested in this summer school. We will confirm the receipt of your email within a day.
- If you would like to apply for the extended stay please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Please include your CV and a short statement of why you are interested in this summer school. We will confirm the receipt of your email within a day.
- Within one week, we will contact you back with the decision about acceptance, for applicants from outside of our partner institutions we will organize a short call interview.
- Once you are accepted into the program, we will provide you with the payment details for the deposit (this will need to be done with the international bank transfer).
- After your payment of the deposit, we will send you the formal documents about your acceptance, together with the documents needed for visa purposes.
Main organizers: Dr. Richard Q. Turcsányi, Dr. Runya Qiaoan (see the syllabus for the full profiles), doc. PhDr. Martina Rašticová, Ph.D.
Contacts: for any questions about the application or the program in general, please contact the program coordinator: Klára Dubravčíková (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, WeChat name: keullala). For information about the xtended stay please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
To apply, please, send an email or WeChat message
We are gald to announce the term of the first Summer School!
Term: to be confirmed
Fees: 890 EUR
- The programme is intended for all students (undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D.) who are currently enrolled in a college or university or recently graduated.
- You have to fill in and submit online application.
- The preliminary application deadline is the end of December, 2018.
- There is only limited number of 20 students who can be accepted, so do no hesitate to apply soon.
- Students accepted to the program are expected to fully participate and comply with the Study and Examination Order of Mendel University in Brno.
- A very good level of English is essential for successful participation in the Summer School.
- Chosen condidates will be contacted during January 2019 and will get more information concerning, visa, accommodation and other things.
- Chosen candidates will need to proof of their level of English (at least B2), a document proving their enrollment in a college, university or their recent graduation and scan of their passport with a photo.
We will inform you about the registration soon!
You can register here.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact Miss Ludmila Nepomucká at firstname.lastname@example.org.