Mendel Summer School 2020
Socio-economic Challenges of Central Europe
We invite everyone to take part in our Summer University, whether you are a current student or a graduatel!
Spend your summer in Brno, the heart of Europe! Take part in our unique academic and cultural program and be a part of our international network of students.
Part of photos from previous years
Price: 2800 EUR (discount may apply for early bird)
Course dates: 29. 6. - 28. 7. 2020
Successful completion of the course earns: 10 ECTS
Field trips to: Prague, Vienna, Budapest
Deadline for application: 31 March 2020 (registration will open soon)
The course is in English and to maintain our standard of education we require that all applicants are proficient in English (B2 - based on CEF). Applicants can prove their language level either with a certificate (TOEFL, IELTS or different) or in a phone interview.
The participants of this course will:
- Grasp the theory of relevant academic fields, in particular political science, economy, international relations, sociology and environmental studies
- Take part in unique cultural program and visit four countries: Czech Republic, Hungary, Austria and Slovakia
- Accommodation during the whole program (both in the Czech Republic and on the trips organized as part of the program)
- Food plan for the time in Brno (including breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the university canteen)
- Transportation (for the trips and in Brno)
- Rich extra-curricular and cultural program
- 24/7 assistance and support during the program
- Airport pick-up (from Brno, Prague, or Vienna airports)
- extended stay includes: visit to laboratories of Faculty of Business and Economics, excursions to important enterprises in Brno, lectures in the fields of Business and Economics
The price does NOT include the transportation from your country to the Czech Republic, food plan on the weekend trip, personal expenses, or any other items not listed above.
- The programme is intended for all students (undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D.) who are currently enrolled in a college or university or recently graduated.
- You have to fill in and submit online application.
- The preliminary application deadline is the end of December, 2019.
- There is only limited number of 20 students who can be accepted, so do no hesitate to apply soon.
- Students accepted to the program are expected to fully participate and comply with the Study and Examination Order of Mendel University in Brno.
- A very good level of English is essential for successful participation in the Summer School.
- Chosen condidates will be contacted during January 2020 and will get more information concerning, visa, accommodation and other things.
- Chosen candidates will need to proof of their level of English (at least B2), a document proving their enrollment in a college, university or their recent graduation and scan of their passport with a photo.
Brno is one of the friendliest cities with an excellent accessibility. The city of Brno puts Europe easily within reach but also boasts many attractions of its own. There is an International Airport just 20 minutes from the city centre and other major airports are very close (Prague – 200km, Vienna – 120km, Bratislava – 120km). Theatres offer classical performances and modern productions., restaurants and pubs feature a range of culinary delights including locally produced Moravian wine and delicious beer. There are also plentiful opportunities for internships and part time jobs. Brno is one of the most affordable cities in Europe with living costs about 350 – 680 EUR per month (depending on the individual student’s lifestyle) including accommodation, food, transport and entertainment.
Best of all, Brno is one of the most significant student cities and home to 6 universities and welcomes roughly 100,000 students from Czechia and abroad, so there are opportunities to meet people from all around the world. According to the www.topuniversities.com Brno is the 4th best place for studying in the world!
- The second largest city in the Czech Republic
- Great nightlife and low cost of living
- Historical town with a large number of historical monuments
- Home of 6 universities
- Industrial and science center
- Home to the Czech Republic Grand Prix – world championships of road motorcycles and other sporting events (football, basketball, ice hockey…)
- Cultural centre (theatres, galleries, museums, Leoš Janáček, traditional culture, …)
- Moravian cuisine and drinks – Moravian wine and Bohemian beer (wineries, breweries, …)
- The headquarters of many international and global enterprises (including IBM, Honeywell and AVG), offering plentiful quality job opportunities for students
- One of the safest cities with minimal criminality (6th safest city in the world! – according to the Global Peace Index 2016)
We will inform you about the registration soon!
You can find Summer school 2019 here.